søndag 30. januar 2011

Little girl feeding a hummingbird friend - a thank you card

Little girl feeding a hummingbird friend

This year I have ONE new year resolution: using all my left overs, before
purchasing any new...  (It has lasted upto now, at least).

Anyway, I wanted to do some colouring now, and I chose this sweet image,
made by Maurie Manning; little girl feeding a hummingbird friend.

I am entering this card with Mos digital challenge - no 67 (or Bronte
and Bella's challenge) , being a colour challenge -
 red, yellow, orange (and neutral's).





This time, I also challenged myself; no use of flowers in the front of this card -
something I found very difficult, to say the least...

The buttons were found in our local flee market, some time ago. The ribbon,
I received in the advent calendar from sweet Maria Therese.

I have used three variations of yellow, orange and red's, (ProMarkers, of coz),
in addition to the grass, flower and the hummingbird.

 
I am never completely satisfied with my colouring, as I can always
find some faults, but at least I managed to get a shadow effect in
this sweet little girls pants (and that's not always too easy, considering
red is a .. somewhat demanding colour to use).


Here is the inside of the card, quite bright and cheerful :-)
This sentiment - I found on the internet. On the right hand side
I have made space for a personal greeting.



The backside of the card. As already advised; the papers are all leftovers,
thus I did not have sufficient DP of one kind to copy all four sides..

With this card I am wishing you all a fabulous new week !

Thanks for visiting :-)

15 kommentarer:

Gro sa...

Så herlig. Blir så glad av sånne herlige farger.
Sees vi til fredag?

Klem :o)

(jeg valgte sjokoladeesken din som ukens go'bit på Sukkersøtt...)

Anne Bente sa...

hvor er den bare flot i herlige pangfarver

klemmm

Pia sa...

wow Turid sååå flot kort og nydeligt farvelagt motiv som er så sødt, supert gennemført. Tusind tak for dine søde ord. Ønsker dig en dejlig og kreativ uge
knus Pia

bestevenn sa...

Dette var da et fargerikt og forfriskende kort. Herlig motiv du har brukt.

Lenas kort sa...

Ett aldeles hærlig glad kort :-) Blir glad av å se på det :-) Så nydelig motiv du har brukt.Ha en flott søndag :-)

Gry-Beate sa...

Fy søren for et kjempe lekkert kort, i nydelige farger!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Dorcas sa...

How sweet! I love the ric rac ribbon and buttons, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Mo's!

Sissel sa...

Så fargerikt og flott, til å bli glad av:))
Klem Sissel

Elaine L. sa...

What a cheerful card! I love that big rickrack and the buttons. Glad you joined us in Mos' Challenge.

Dawn B. sa...

Inside and out this card is precious. You did a great job.. Thanks so much for joining us at MO's this week.

Pinklady 68 sa...

Fargerikt og flott kort Turid!!
Herlig mønster ark og kjempe koselig motiv:-)

Ha en fin uke! Klem Laila.

Yenni Natalia sa...

Turid..this card looks great..dont get intimidate by my words about flowers..ALL of them looks gorgeous in my eyes.and this one without exception :) you created a bright colour card :) how i love it :) you must be ready for summer :) i think this is the first time i see your card comes in bright colour :)

big hugs
yenni

Heidi sa...

Et herlig kort Turid!
Friske farger og nydelig motiv:)
Ha en flott dag, klem:)

Linda W sa...

flott og fargerikt:)
Bruker for det meste blomster fra Nille billige og fine synes jeg.
Gleder meg til overraskelsen:)

Pat sa...

Ooooooh...how perfect!! First, let me say that I should make the same resolution! I have so many leftover scraps that I can't get the top on my container any more!! hehehe! I love this card...your coloring is just gorgeous...and I love, love, LOVE the fun rick-rack and buttons!!! So tickled that you joined us for this week's challenge at Mo's!! Pat Frank